To further collaboration between community, city, state and federal partners, documents pertaining to the conservation of turtles on the Pacific coast is available here. If you have any documents you would like to share regarding turtle conservation projects please contact us
- Lovich J., K. Meyer. 2002. The Western pond turtle (Clemmys marmorata) in the Mojave River, California, USA: highly adapted survivor or tenuous relict. Journal of Zoology, London 256:537-545.
- Gervais, J. Oregon Wildlife Institute. Western painted turtle (Chrysemys picta bellii).
Wildlife Conservation in Willamette Valley grassland and oak habitats species account
::Conservation and Management
- Gervais, Jennifer, Daniel Rosenberg, Susan Barnes, Claire Puchy, Elaine Stewart. 2009. Conservation assessment for the western pond turtle (Chrysemys picta bellii) in Oregon. Version 1.1. Oregon Wildlife Institute. Corvallis, OR.
- Vesely, David G. 2009. Planning conservation activities to benefit western pond turtles in West Eugene Wetlands, Lane County, Oregon. Report prepared for the USDI Bureau of Land Management, Eugene and Salem Districts. Oregon Wildlife Institute. Corvallis, OR. 32 pages
- Hays, D.W., McAllister, K.R., Richardson, S.A., Stinson, D.W. 1999. Washington state recovery plan for the western pond turtle. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia. 66 pages